Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back in the saddle...

It's official...I start teaching September 30 at Val Tech. The wonderful Dean gave me 6 classes - and I'm choosing the text for one of them! Two of the texts I'm using I've taught from before - how cool is that?

I'm really excited about the possibilities. We've got some debt that's my fault and I really want to work to erase it. My Mom raised me to accept responsibility, and sometimes it's harder than others. I'm not looking forward to being away from the boys, but I'll be home for lunch 3 days a week. The other two I'll be home a little after 3, so it shouldn't be too bad. They're actually looking forward to a babysitter - go figure!

I've been hired part-time right now, but I've put in for a full-time math position that begins with the January quarter. Here's the kicker - I'll actually be teaching FEWER classes as a full-time instructor! They're about to start remodeling the general studies building, and it should be really nice when it's done (supposed to be finished in December). So that's really promising.

I know this job is from God...I'll post later how the whole thing played out. And in this economy it's a real blessing to have the extra income. We are so blessed!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS