Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dying lace...

There was a question posed on the Scrapbook Express forums about dying lace. It just so happens that I had some lace that needed to be dyed for a little home decor Halloween-themed project I'm making.

All you need is some shimmer spray (I'm using Shimmerz Spritz in Licorice), your lace, and something to catch the extra spray (a cardboard box works great!).


Now, for the fun part. Spray liberally. I mopped up any extra spray with the lace.

And a close-up of the end result. It turned the lace a nice vintage gray color - you can even catch a bit of the shimmer in the photo.

As my 4-year-old would say, easy-peasy. :)

Have a great one!

3 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is awesome! I bought my first bottles of Glimmer Mist a short time ago, and I really want to get creative using it! This looks fabulous!!

I miss you over at Scrap-Friendzy! I hope you get a chance to stop by and say hi!! :)

bakscrap said...

Just stopping by to say hi on the Scrap Friendzy road trip. Hope to see you there.

Linda365 said...

Love the lace--great idea!!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS