Pages

Thursday, November 08, 2007

I'm back from Texas...

I still feel like I'm decompressing from this weekend! Fiskars is absolutely amazing! I am so honored to be associated with this company. They truly care about their consumers, which is rare in this day and age.

We got in early on Friday, so a few of us took a couple hours to walk around downtown San Antonio. I got lots and lots of photos of the Alamo for Max (I'll upload some later) and was able to get some cowboy hats for the boys. But that was just the beginning! On Friday evening, they had a catered pasta dinner for us before the sessions began. They gave us an overview of the whole Fiskateers program and then had us go through a couple creative exercises. We ended up creating a layout, which I'll add in once I've taken a good photo of it. We were up way too late on Friday chatting and scrapping!

On Saturday, our sessions began bright and early! We had three classes before lunch, then after a lunch/sightseeing break, we had two more sessions. After the second session we were greeted by a mariache band (I'm sure I butchered that spelling!). The band serenaded us outside where two boats were waiting to give us a tour of the Riverwalk. The boat ride was fabulous!!! I got some fantastic photos of some S.A. landmarks. The drivers let us off at a restaurant where we had a real Tex-Mex dinner! Yum! After that, it was back to the hotel for one more session.

My last session was with Heidi Grace of Heidi Grace Designs. Let me tell you, she is AMAZING!!!! We laughed, we cried, we hugged. So fabulous. I was a little worried that she wouldn't be as nice in person as I imagained...and I was so wrong! Just so great.

So, all told, we ended up creating (or at least starting) 5 projects on Saturday. The boys got in to one of my projects, which fortunately was the one I wanted to re-do anyhow. Once I get them all finished, I'll post photos.

On Sunday, we had two more sessions and then we were off to the airport. I met some amazing ladies and will cherish the weekend. I am overwhelmed that I was chosen, and am really looking forward to the opportunites that are now open before me.

Speaking of opportunities, I now have the honor of training more people who love Fiskars products as much as I do. If you're interested (training will be held in Chambersburg in Jan/Feb of next year), please shoot me an email or leave a comment on the blog.

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS