Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy Monday...

I know, I know...today's Tuesday, BUT we had some happy news yesterday and I didn't get a chance to blog about it yet. First, Will lost ANOTHER tooth!!!! A little bit after they went to bed, Christian came running out telling me that Will was bleeding from his head. When I got to the bathroom, Max was already with Will. After a couple minutes with a washcloth, he was good as new! I took some pictures, but they're on my other memory card, so I'll upload later.
For my happy news, yesterday I got a voicemail from the owner of the local scrapbook store. She started doing monthly page contests. Basically, you buy a page kit, and then have to return it to the store by a given date. She then puts the completed pages on display and customers vote on them. Well, I won the contest for September!!! So my page will be on display in the store for another month!! I'm pretty excited! I won a gift certificate to the store, so Max is happy about that!

So today I'm going to pick up my gift certificate and drop off my page for the October contest.

This is my October layout...this one goes way back - it's a wedding picture!


This page took me forever...I hand-cut the flowers from a piece of patterned paper. And the rub-ons were being less than cooperative. But it's done and I really like it. I tried something new, which was cool. For the word "on" in the title, I did some two-tone rub-on work. I wasn't sure if it would work out (not a good thing when the rest of your layout is about finished) but I'm really pleased with the result. Here's a close-up:




And finally, I'm trying something new with the blog. I'm attempting to add some video...keep your fingers crossed that it works!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS